The Counter Crusade

Friday, November 25, 2005

In the name of Allah, al-Rahman, al-Rahim,
I begin this blog, as we must begin every action whether large or small, by thanking Allah for all he has bestowed upon us. So all praise is due to God, Lord of the worlds.


Now here is what this blog is all about:

I see Islam being attacked from all kinds of people, and I see many Muslims trying to defend their religion. I myself used to be one of those people, spending hours attempting to clear the name of Islam on forums against hateful posters, and I got tired of it. I know that Islam is the most perfect religion, brought to us by the most praised prophet, chosen by God from among all mankind: Muhammad, may God's peace and blessings be upon him and his family and companions. And I know that there is nothing to apologize for in Islam, but most people out there are busy apologizing and defending Islam as if the religion itself is in need of defence. As Islam is the most perfect religion, Muslims are the ones who should be taking the offensive, not the defensive. Muslims are supposed to be saying to the rest of the world: Look at our religion and compare it to your religions, values, or beliefs- why are your beliefs not as sublime as ours? We must demand that the rest of the world look at their faults and model themselves after the high standards set by Islam, standards to which there is no equal anywhere.

And this brings us to another problem we face today. Gone are the days when the Muslim scholars studied the holy books of other religions in detail, while there are countless western scholars who have studied the Quran and the Hadith and every branch of Islamic sciences. They know everything there is to know about Islam, and so they have something they can attempt to criticize . But I do not see any Muslim scholars who spend their lives studying every branch of Christian or Jewish theology and law, and that is perhaps excusable as they do not feel the need to. For when one can see the sun, what good is a torch? But there IS a need to look at other scriptures and to understand them well, so that one can compare them to Islam and show those attackers that they are the ones who are supposed to be defending their beliefs.

Now I have no hatred toward anyone, and I certainly do not intend to create hatred between any people. I just do not think it just that the most pure teaching is under attack while all other teachings are ignored as if they are better.I only wish that the whole world may compare their beliefs to what Islam teaches and perhaps learn to improve themselves.

Because of the touchy subject matter that I will be discussing, I must begin this blog with these prayers taught to us by the Prophet Muhammad, who was sent as a mercy to all mankind (Qur'an 21:107),

"In the name of God, I put my trust in God. O God, I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray or cause injustice or suffer injustice or do wrong or have wrong done to me!" - Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 2, Number 67b.

And the prayer that the Prophet made everytime he left his house:

"O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray, or slip or made to slip, or cause injustice, or suffer injustice, or do wrong, or have wrong done to me." (Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5075).